Dick Cheney's distant cousin...



coming to town on Saturday would have been the highlight of the weekend if it wasn't for Hannah Montana 3-D on Friday afternoon. The little kids and I were at the head of the waiting line for the 430 PM showing while mommy picked up Keaton and his friend from school. We led the parade into the theatre where we were all issued our 3-D glasses and told we could NOT keep them unless we wanted to pay $50 each. Soon after we got in, the other half of the party showed up wih popcorn and Coke in tow.

It was the best 74 minutes of the day. Hannah and Miley serenaded us and everyone agreed it was the best movie ever. Miss M fell asleep for a while but at the end of the concert when Miley started singing, The Best Of Both Worlds, she woke right up and started singing along. There is not a better way to spend an afternoon - kids, music and snacks...

I had thought about going to see Barack Obama on Saturday morning but with the snow and the doors opening at 7AM, I opted for the internet version. He came to our very, very red state and spoke for over 40 minutes. It was just about a year ago that I heard one of his first speeches and I remember thinking, there is a distinct possibility that this semi-old white Republican woman could vote for this young black Democrat man. Over the last year, that possiblility becomes more and more real.

I don't remember much about the politics of my bio family until I was grown and gone. Looking back, apparently they were die-hard Republicans. I can still remember a conversion about how you always, always vote the party line even if you hate the guy. It makes as much sense to me now as it did then. When I first starting going to church. I learned real fast that Jesus was a Republican and only a Republican. Imagine my surprise when years later, I learned that Billy Graham was a Democrat.

I want to vote for Someone. I don't want to vote for Someone because I am against Someone else. I don't want to vote for Someone because they are the lesser of two evils. Let me tell you - if 9 years olds could vote and Hannah Montana was running, this whole thing would be over, right now. Barack, Hillary, John and Mitt couldn't raise enough money to with compete with her and the next White House would look a whole lot different. I guess you have have to call an Independent because she certainly in a league all her own.

Quite a weekend and another 4-5 inches of snow. 2008 is starting off to be quite a year, I can't hardly wait to see what comes next...