creative...



The more art you make, the more you notice. The more you exercise your creativity, the more art you make. For those of you who are naturally creative, you already know this, probably instinctively but for those of us who have learned to find the creativity in ourselves - this must be learned.

I am still amazed everyday at what comes out of me but I am truly understanding Sally Jean's phrase, if I don't make art, I'm going to have a hissy fit. There is Something so therapeutic about the creative process. After an hour of processing a set of photos, there is a surge of serotonin that floods over me and I am as happy as a clam.

Summer certainly makes it easier to find the creativity within for me. The sights, sounds and smells of summer bring back childhood memories of happy, carefree days. The sound of sprinklers going off and the smell of suntan lotion - the coolness of a sweet drink and the taste of a cold popsicle.

Creativity may take some day dreaming, that has been my experience. It doesn't matter what form your own takes. There is a whole section of YouTube devoted to latte art - how fabulous is that? and I don't even like coffee. I hope you each have a place to be creative and that if you don't - please do yourself a favor and find one. You will not be sorry and it just may make all the difference...