about 77 hours ago...


Just before heading out to Keaton's 4th grade Idaho history concert, I wanted to check in with the world so I booted up my computer and...

Crash
nothing except a horrible, sinking feeling. I had planned to set up with Mozy to back up my files that day. Would I have gotten around to it on Thursday? Would I have it done by today? Maybe, maybe not.

When DD called called this morning and said my favorite SIL had not only fixed it, he backed up everything and they were on their way to my house to set it back up for me. I can't tell you how giddy I felt. Last night, it didn't look so good.

The real lesson all of this is how much I care about this stuff that really is not that important. To be nauseous over a computer. Ok, we all depend on our computers daily and not until yours crashes is it real and the very first thing I did was sign up for Mozy, There is no need to have such fear over losing computer stuff when you can cover it for $4.95 a month. That is money well spent IMHO. Let me tell you while I knew a crash was possible, even probable - it was always Down The Road. Like everything in life, DTR comes sooner rather than later.

Even as late as yesterday morning, I would forget that I was computer-less and walk into my office and be said. The only hopeful thing was that by Hour 24, the nausea was gone and I began to accept the worse. I had three scenarios in my mind but didn't factor in a hardware issue which last night seemed credible and looked like it was going to cost Mr D some money. There are many lessons to be learned and I have just started. I had pre-ordered Brennan Manning's book, the furious longing of Godlast year and it showed up on Friday. Coincidence, I think not.

I am my beloved's and His desire is for me (Song of Soloman 7:10 NASB)

Today's and tomorrow's (I am pretty sure this high won't wear off soon!) joy won't last forever. It was never promised to. In fact, there is a cost to follow Jesus even though the gift is free. Just realized that Miss M's birthday is on Easter this year, Looks like it will be quite a celebration.

We were getting coffee after Keaton's Idaho history concert on Thursday (the highlight was the singing and dancing about all the counties in Idaho - quite a musical accomplishment) and the coffee shop owner said, I am doing a little survey - what three things do you need to be successful? . Without even thinking I told her I thought there was only one thing and you needed to repeat it three times - gratitude. If you aren't grateful for what you have - nothing will ever be enough. Nothing will ever satisfy, nothing will fill that void. About 72 hours ago, I learned a quick lesson in gratitude, one I hope to remember for awhile...