giddy...



I am not by nature, a giddy person. I am drawn to giddiness by certain life experiences of which I am not privy to until necessary, then it is...uncontrollable.

Giddy ( gid/e)
1. affected by vertigo, dizzy.
2. frivolous and lighthearted.
3. possessed by a diving being.

Didn't see that third definition coming. When I think back to the things in life that have made me what I consider giddy, they are as varied in nature as nature itself.

James and Julia wedding dance - The Time of My Life.
Seeing my daughter and grandchildren right after they were born.
Diet Coke and chocolate chips cookies for breakfast.

The List goes on and on and would probably make no sense at some point. When I accepted God after years of rejecting Him, I was giddy. I was also giddy when I got a pair of black plastic gloves from Miss M a few weeks ago. The thing is, you never know. You never know for a reason. We aren't meant to know everything, good or bad, until we need to. Not one who likes surprises, I am learning that in either direction, it is ok to wait until it comes. Today, just being able to breathe made me giddy and it lasted all day. In fact, it is still on. That is what moved me to head over to You Tube and watch James and Julia's dance, one more time. Put the earphones on and cranked it up. The look on their faces and their friends just made me grin. So did Bakerella and Pioneer Woman making Cake Pop but there might have been a bit of envy in there.

Not sure I would have appreciated the art of being giddy a few years ago but that was before I knew better. Now that I do, there is no stopping me...