If today could speak to you, what would it be saying?



I am going to go out on a limb and say, I would stop and listen to the violinist. I wouldn't know he was the famous Joshua Bell - all I would know is that I need to stand still in this Moment.

This isn't because I am smarter or more culturally advanced - it is because being a student of Living in the Moment, has to pay off at some time. Learning to stop....... is not a talent given to a few precious souls. It takes training and lots of it and there is the expectation that you are going to forget and fail... often. It takes dedication, action, seeing the value and practice, practice, practice. Pastor Pete talked about being disappointed last week. There is another D word that I dislike so much. Deserve, not disappoint.

IMHO...I am not even going to look up the official definition in the dictionary - this is mine and the one I am going to use.

Disappoint - an situation/experience that carriers with it an expected lowest common denominator outcome that never materializes and the resulting feeling, left behind by said situation/experience.

I don't think we should ever be disappointed. Mad, angry, or any other passionate response - yes but disappointed, never. It doesn't makes sense to expect a minimial outcome to anything. Sometimes we get way more than we ask for and somethimes we are left there to stand...and move along. And sometimes the answer is NO.

Instead of expending any energy being disappointed - be in training and practice, practice, practice. Train to live in the Moment. It doesn't matter what those around are or are not doing. You will find the Disappoiment Train leaving your station, and your day will have a new beginning...