Beryl and Tourmaline...



Reviewed with Bob and Tom yesterday the icons for celebrating wedding anniversaries. I remembered that the traditional one calls for paper, the modern version is defined by clocks - knowing most men, this would seem to be a slam dunk if they can remember the date of your special day and I know there are men that always do. The others say those guys ruin it for the rest of them.

Both camps go thru the years and do have some similarities but also have generational twists. Year 4 traditionally calls for fruit and flower but the new version, appliances. I remember appliances was a dirty word when it came to anniversaries - one worthy of being shot at. The average marriage now lasts 7.2 years. Bronze/pottery and linen/lace are the gift of choice for Year 8. Yesterday it was suggested that if you make it that long, both choices should be changed to new home. I wholeheartedly agree.

As you march and get down to my territory, 38 years in November, you are in for a big surprise. After 15 years, the traditional list is only active every 5 years. The modern version has wisely decided to stick with the yearly plan if only to save itself and fill in all the blanks. Traditionally, 35 years will get you Coral (move on, nothing to see here)and 40 will get you Ruby, which I suggest is the color of Disney World but back to 38. the modern way. I can take the next 8 months to anticipate Beryl and Tourmaline - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I am worthy of Aluminum Silicate and Sodium Aluminum Borosilicate. I truly don't know what to say - totally speechless at this point. Where does one start? Would love to get a hold of the guy (there can be no question here) who came up with this fine gift idea.

So there you go, something to look forward too. I am pretty sure I can swing this to my advantage yet as of now, nothing Disney-related. This picture was taken on our 25th anniversary, the good old days of silver and silver. Ah, those were the days. When a girl didn't have to use Google and a pen to figure out what her man was going to get her for their special day.

PS. Miss C, 28 will get a modern woman orchids... Congrats my friend!