destiny...



As I sit on the couch waiting for another sneezing attack - I think. While it may not be the best use of my time, I find it interesting to have a block of time to ponder.

Why am I here?
What would my life look like if I didn't/hadn't ( insert theme here)?
What comes next?

Obsessed with all things Lego, DD built the American Idol stage and after Simon, Randy and Paula the only person left was the contestant. Indiana Jones was the only likely candidate. How would Indy's life have looked had it made it into the Top 13? Besides the gazillions of dollars he had made from his movies, would that really have made him happy? We and he will never know. Life dealt him a change in journey and he seemed to adapt very well.

We all have our ideas and want to translate those ideas into reality. If you have watched any episode of the AI try outs, you know what I mean. What I don't understand about some of these people is do they not have ANYONE in their lives who will tell them the truth about their singing before they go on TV and are completely humiliated? Aren't they wasting valuable time that could be used to find their real calling?

I will only consider that Indy could carry a tune. Perhaps on a whim, he thought he might as well. Looks like he already had the Indiana Jones thing going on. The hat was a bold choice to wear at his audition. So he wasn't picked. he moved on to bigger and better things. No wallowing - just accepting that destiny doesn't always come as easily as ideas and thinking. Try something and if it doesn't work, move on. Keep trying, just don't get hung up there. Failing isn't failing unless you let it. Wonder what he chose to sing? Hope it wasn't Macho Man...