I've got good news and I've got bad news...


(photo from legomyphoto.wordpress.com)

... said DH when he uncharacteristically called yesterday afternoon. When given this option, I will always take the bad news first. Always - even though if the bad is bad enough, the good will get lost in the background. It was not life changing, only day changing. Had to cancel his appointment to get his eyes checked after breaking his glasses last weekend which would not be a bid deal for most people but for Mr Stevie Wonder, his glasses are a big deal. After he realized he had broke his 6 year old glasses, I watched him dig through drawers of stuff looking for his old glasses. That is what he has been wearing and will continue to wear until he can get some time off.

That he found those old glasses, didn't' come as too much of a shock to me. We are a family of two to whom finding things have at times been raised to genius level. Last week DD commented that the bedspread I had got her for Christmas was really defective. A comforter that had morphed itself into a tunnel surrounded in fabric. I immediately knew I had the receipt and we were in for an adventure.

I truly expected to have issues at JC Penney's and I was prepared. There would be no bad news this day, only good. DH felt sorry for the CS person who would be helping me that morning. I was prepared for battle. ready and armed. To no avail. Didn't need it. They gladly took it back and gave me a refund. Took the wind out of my very passionate sails.

If given the choice, none of us wants to have to wear a life preserver but will grab one when things start to go wrong. I've got no news, good or bad but if I did, I would ask each of you how you wanted it and that is how you would get it. I would also hand out life perservers, as needed. That is the least we can do for each other. I want you to make it, us to make it - no matter what...