conversations over Spring Break...



discussion while watching Calliou...
Morgan - It's not fun being a kid everyday.
nana - Really?
Morgan - It's hard work.

Frappuccinos at Moxie Java...
Gage - I am going to grow my bangs long, buy a electric harmonica (not sure there is such a thing), a electric piano, drums and I am going to sing.
nana - What are you going to sing?
Gage - Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that you're my God.
nana joins in. a duet at the coffee shop, you should have been there.

Uno at Flying M.
nana - No One leaves until I win - 3 out of 5 or more if needed.
Keaton - with a big grin, sounds great to me.

There were many more that I can't share, Mostly having to do with bodily functions or if you are a girl, getting AWAY from said bodily functions. (Miss M on sleepover placement - I don't want to sleep by Keaton because he farts and it "mells")

You learn alot when you go one on one which I try to do often. Everyone gets their own time and attention and that makes the times we are all together, better for all.

We ending the week with an art project that was pure genius. Inspired by an episode of Jon and Kate Plus Eight, they each got a 12x24 canvas. paint, brushes, newspaper,tin foil, coffee filters and plastic forks and made their own work of art. They are beautiful and my set is next. It was a great success.

While the art will live on forever, the conversations are what will flee and I am trying to hold on too. I know firsthand that words can hurt but they can also heal. Those said in anger when you are mad at your brother and have to share a room with him anyway or those said in fun when everyone is trying to tell you about Monsters VS Aliens, at the same time. We are all busy but listen to these little snips that come your way, grab some paper and write them down. You won't be sorry...