2 truths and a lie...



Jimmy Fallon played this game with John Lithgow the other night. You tell the other person 2 true things and one lie and they have to decide which is the lie. Sounds simple enough and they were both able to pick the lie. I, on the other hand, was wrong on both counts.

It seemed perfectly obvious to me that while drunk, Jimmy Fallon would crawl into a cage with a St Bernard - doesn't that just scream true? As did the suggestion that John Lithgow had gone to veterinary school for two years. Maybe it is a Hollywood thing, like you have to run in those circles and then you would be in the know.

So, let's play and see how you do! Here go three statements - which one is the lie?

1. After sitting in the car for almost an hour, I took my underage self into a bar in the middle of the desert and dragged my father out to the car. We were on our way from California to Idaho and he got thirsty.

2. Right out of high school, I worked for Ma Bell as a Directory Assistance operator. I got a call from a soldier who had just come back from Vietnam and needed the name of a local motel. Even though I was being monitored and suggesting ANYTHING meant instant termination, I did it anyway and didn't lose my job.

3. I was about 7 and playing with my sister. I tripped her and she fell, hurting her ankle. She got to pick out a toy and being who she is, she picked an Styrofoam airplane and as she lounging in a chair, I had to retrieve the airplane for a whole day as she threw it, over and over and over again. I was also was her beverage and snack slave.

Which one is the lie? I didn't go in the bar. My Soon To Be Stepmother did. I waited in the car with my sister and step sister. He never did that again.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave...