looking out the window...



To see I have often been in the right place at the right time. Cathy Zielske

Most mornings, I jump out of bed and head to the front door to peek at the weather. Looking for obvious signs of what to expect if I am leaving my cozy world. If I were to look out the window of my door and proclaim that what I see is what it is like everywhere else, would be foolish to say the least, yet I do it continually.


Was watching the Convergence series with Donald Miller and Phyllis Tickle last night entitled, Learning to Share Our Shories. Side note - these series of discussions would be perfect for a small group or retreat time setting. Plan to do that one day - so much to think about and grow... The point was to why do you need to share the Story of our lives. Why does it matter and how do you decide what to share. Ms Tickle talks about how the Story first is felt in the heart and then is literally regurgitated back out, and that is when the mind get to see it.

So it seems natural to me, that when we look out the window of our Stores, we are looking through our experiences, histories and how we have be a witness to how life is played how as we know it which gives one a one dimensional view of the world and we reply by viewing it as such.

I think I am a Big Picture girl. I think I see the Bigger Picture most of the time. I find my biggest struggles when I am living in the little world and get bogged down real fast.

I am headed to St Louis in less than 2 weeks. To meet 3 people I have never met in person yet would know them, their kids and grandkids if I saw them at Walmart, The reason why this non-travel person wants to go is Story. These wonderful women have shared their Stories with me for a long time. They know mine. Without Story, I don't think there would much value in such a weekend trip for any of us. I would still be by my window imaging that St Louis looks pretty much like Nampa and I might as well stay home.

The Bigger Picture. My brain is a little full. I got to connect more of life's dots last night and as it all slipped into place. I smiled. It's not everyday that it happens so completely...




the Big Picture takes some effort - maybe for some, more than some.