I want to be a Catholic...


this Easter.

I know it sounds strange but considering I wanted to be Amish for a real long time, praying and praying for it to be so - this seems to not be so very strange.

A wonderful friend was explaining to me the Holy Week schedule of her church and I found myself, aching for what she was going to experience this Easter. I love that her church calls Good Friday, Holy Friday. The difference between good and holy is what is calling me this Easter. I would be the first to agree that long term, unless the Catholics start having rock and roll Mass, we probably would not have a chance of hanging out for an extended period of time but going with the theory that maybe we weren't meant to pull all our church eggs in one basket, this might be just what I need.

When she told me about the completely dark church with candles at the Saturday Easter Vigil, I felt the unquenched thirst that comes to each of us from time to time. The thing is, I didn't even know I was thirsty until the words came out of her mouth. There are times we are completely unaware that we need nourishment yet it makes itself clearly known. When I stayed with my MIL while she was dying and the LDS church came in and smothered us with Love, I felt the same thing, even told my pastor I was jumping ship and why.

I decided a long time ago that is was Jesus first, church - farther down the list. I am in Catholic state of mind this Easter and maybe, I already in some strange way, have embraced the ritual and formality that I desperately seek, no matter what church I attend this Sunday. May Easter bring your heart what you hunger and thirst for, fill and even overflow wherever you need it too. Happy Easter.