the comfort of our lives...



He stayed in this position, sound asleep for over two hours. To his credit, he was hugging his backpack for all of it. Having not flown in over 10 years and not since 911, I knew the rules had changed. Long gone where the days when you met someone as they got off the plane with big cheers and lots of love. Before 911, we never could have imagined how life would change. Now, this is our new normal. Anyone under 10, will never know there was any other way.

Having to take your shoes off, bringing your own drinks and snacks and a watching TV on your own personal screens for $6 are all new. There was a bit of personal comfort knowing that the flight attendants informative presentation, hadn't changed much. What has changed is the flight attendants themselves. I remember when they had to be perfectly coiffed and drop dead gorgeous. That is no longer the case but if you ask me, as long as the plane gets me in one piece to where I am going - I am good.

I was a little lost today. I had no contingency plans if all four flights went well and I lived. Now I find myself trying to gather my bearings and get on with it. First day of spring break brought a movie, ice cream and a little bit of shopping. I can only imagine tomorrow...as I didn't expect to be here, must regroup and move on. Much to look forward to, much to be greatful for and as long as I am hugging my pretty self, this would be a great time to just chill out...