hands on...




There are days when I don't know what I want. Do I stay or do I go? It is those days that thinking doesn't do it for me. No haiku or Time magazine is going to do. I need to touch and feel. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, I need to remember to honor it.

Our world is getting smaller and smaller. James Franco pulled his Twitter account this week, claiming that social media is dead. I am not sure I agree with him but I do think we are making our world smaller and one of the consequences of that smallness is less hands on. We touch our loved ones and food and computers on a daily basis. Sometimes, we take the time to enjoy the flavor and texture of our foods but dare say that most of the time, the food is second to whatever we are doing in the Moment.

We will pick up a package that the Fed Ex man leaves at the door.
We send our neighbor an email.
We go day in and day out without a hands on experience.

Believe me, this is not a post I saw coming but think, had to be written. Can't even tell you what it looks like to me or where it will go. Don't think this is about hugging each other more but about sharing ourselves instead of living life as a avatar. Look forward to seeing what lies ahead, hands on - whatever that may mean...