pay attention...


We all spend a fair amount of time on AutoPilot when it comes to life. That highway hypnosis thing when you are going down the road and suddenly realize that you weren't paying attention and there are a few miles you don't remember going down.

It seems that the AutoPilot feature in the human spirit covers many different aspects of life. We grab the laundry, throw it in the washing machine and off we go. We make spaghetti the same way every time. Paying attention is a one way street,and the distrations of life are many.

The things is we can't learn if we aren't listening and in life, we are either talking or listening. One or the other. Either trying to make a point ortrying to learn Something new. There is a time for each of them and if we get them mixed up, there will be consequences that may bring unwanted pain in to our lives.

Trying to become more aware of when I need to and shut up and listen more. It does not come easy for me. The older I get, the more I want to be a student. The more I understand that while my years of experience have been invaluable to me, there is more to learn and that the combination of what I know and what I can learn will make me a better person. Living in either camp is not the desired place to be. There has to be More, I just know it...