tribe...


A society larger than a band but smaller than a state.

There are other definitions but this one speaks to me. When I think of tribes, Indians come to mind. That what too much TV will do to you. I think of teepees and always moving bands of people who share the same DNA. Life has taught me that DBA isn't everything it is cracked up to be. My tribe history contains more non-blood than blood relatives.

When I think of my tribe, I smile. Big. These are the people who have grabbed my heart and run off with it. Some of my tribe is local, I can be there in a few minutes. Some are far away. If I could get them all under one tee pee, it would be a Gathering Of Mega Proportions. Thinking we would all sit in a circle so we could see each other. Tables with name tags would be so 200 years ago.

Isn't that what social media is doing these days? Twitter more so than Facebook. Let's face it, when you have to agree to LIKE someone, it is not always because you think they are tribe material. With Twitter's, Follow, it has more of a tribal feel and yes, I prefer Twitter to Facebook.

Imagine that after my tribe is all settled in, comfy and cozy, there would be a few announcements and then the general invitation would be given. Let's do this thing and me and my homies would love, happily forever after...