no...


Sometimes, the answer is no. Rather, that is our perception when we don't get what we want or have prayed for.

I imagine that while no, is how we look at the prayer that was not answered to our liking, Down The Road, it will all be clear. I know, I know - there are passages in the bible that in essence say, Ask and it shall be yours, then we do and it doesn't come. We are left with a mailbox full of bills. no food in the house and worse.

The bible also says, when not if. When you walk through the deep waters of life. Not if, but when. As I prayed for 3 life or death situations going on in my circle of life right now, I became painfully aware that a no might be part of the future. We know intellectually that people don't live forever but when they are our old people, it is different. When praying for a child, it is even harder.

On Twitter last night, parents were asking for last rite prayers for the teenage son who was dying of cancer. The family had gathered around him, his breathing was heavy and they didn't know if he had hours or days. They were asking not for prayers of a cure, but for prayers of peace. That this wonderful child might feel the Love all around him, that even though he put up a gallant fight, it was ok to, stop...and rest.

When we find ourselves up against a no, we have two choices. We can walk away or, we leave our pain and fear at his door, for another time. Looking for a word to replace no because I don't think it suits us or God, well. While I am searching, my prayers continue. Run the race, run it now. Run it strong, run through the tears. Just, run...