prayer...


We have been praying for Brianna for many weeks now. Praying that God will touch her and heal her. So far, we are still praying. Asking nicely, sometimes, begging through tears. Courtesy of Brandi, we are praying the Word of God, inserting Brianna's name, which comforts us as well.

As I was walking the track today, here comes The Weary Kind again, on my shuffle. If you have seen the movie, Crazy Heart, you know the song. First thing Friday, this song came on and I was reduced to tears. I kept moving and then heard these words. Funny, usually on the shuffle, there are no repeats...

And this ain't no place for the weary kind
This ain't no place to lose your mind
This ain't no place to fall behind
Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try
. The Weary Kind/Ryan Bingham

It didn't make the tears go away but it reminded me that prayer isn't a quiet, little ritual. It is a powerful, maybe even animated force, that is not to be taken lightly. No matter what you are praying about or for, it is a time that is not to be messed with. If you have been praying and it seems like you have not gained ground, don't let it get you down. Don't rely on what you can see. Know that what you can't see, it greater than what you could ever imagine. Be confident that as you pray, God is near and is praying with you. So, I pick nyself up, wipe my tears and go on. I believe that God is able to do anything and I believe in Brianna's prayer - I know it doesn't look good now, but I am going to be alright. Word...