Cinderella Story...



The last 12 days has been a blur for the Boise State Broncos. First, they beat Oklahoma to win the Fiesta Bowl after dominating the scoreboard for over 90% of the game. This certainly wasn't anticipated by Oklahoma and from those Boise State fans I talked to, they didn't have a chance.

After the last BCS game was played, BSU was the only team without a season loss. 13-0, I believe. The 0 I am sure of, the other number-not so important. I know nothing about the rules of how the number #1 team is chosen but I would think that the '0' part would pretty much trump (with a little common sense), any other method of deciding who the winner is. AGAIN, I would be wrong. BSU is rated #5 in the nation. That means four other teams should be ashamed of themselves but in true Bronco fashion, our boys are taking the high road.

This has been a true Cinderella Story for the Bronco and the rest of us who live in this great state and have been living in their limelight. There is a big parade scheduled in a week and as of last night they have another reason to celebrate. Coach Peterson was awarded the Bear Bryant Coach of the year award. Finally, someone got it right.

We have all had Cinderella moments in our lives. Whether public or private, those moments that we just can't believed happened. Maybe your wedding day or the birth of a child. A job or award. Those moments when we are truly overwhelmed and we could not ask for more. I can truthfully say I have had many.

I am basically a walking Cinderella Story, I have been in enough therapy to know that I am one of the lucky ones. If nothing else good ever happened, I have had my share. The Comeback Kid may be a great title for my life Story. That I found Jesus in the midst of it, makes it even more incredible to me. Jesus is my Cinderella Story. He took me from where I was and helped me find my way. Today, all these days later, I am still living the dream. I know how the Broncos feel - if it never gets better than this, I have all I ever could ask for... Happy Friday.