the more the merrier...


I am starting to love this Januaryismyfriend concept. Yesterday's Blogger blues tried to grab me but being the smart girl that I think I am, I ran away...fast. Sometimes retreat is not the superhero-kind of exit but it still works, perfectly well.

Since I had a lot of hours and not much going on for the day, I decided to check on my creative mojo and see if like the groundhog, I could see its shadow. To my surprise, it had returned. I did a few layouts and started on my 2006 Blurb coffee table photo book. I was still working on it when DH walked in at 9PM. I was at a good stopping point so I shut down the computer to heat up some baby-back ribs for him. With hours like his, knowing he has a good meal to come home to - makes his day.

Last Sunday my daughter told me I was a saint for putting up with DH work hours. Coming and going, the phone ringing 24/7 and not being able to plan anything is not for the faint of heart. Being an introvert probably is where the sainthood part comes from. The phrase, the more the merrier, is not not a concept I can wrap my brain around very easily. I love spending time with a few but don't need daily personal contact to survive. I am sure that if the extrovert side of me functioned at all, this would be a much bigger problem. For the most part, we are a perfect fit. Not always, mind you - hard to believe but I can be headstrong and a handful at times.

I had never thought about why I feel a negativity toward a the more the merrier mentality.

It certainly isn't biblical.
Nothing Jesus-like about it.
If I don't what to spend time with people now, what about eternity?

Maybe I need a Walmart run. I dont know why Walmart but when I walk in the doors, TMTM attitude is on. Gimme me 10 people to connect with - the more the merrier. I seriously look for people to talk to. While using the Kodak photo kiosk, or waiting at the deli, I will ask for help when I don't even need it. It is the one place where the more the merrier, makes sense to me.

I am always amazed at what I can learn.
I am amazed at how God works, how He loves.
And, I am always amazed that He does it for each one of us.

I hope on some level, you have a TMTM day. Quiet time is wonderful and for some of us, precious time to recharge but to make cross paths with someone, is good for the soul....