reading...





I have made made no secret of the fact that reading books has eluded me for a while. I think it is a combination of digi scrapping and blog reading that has met the same need as reading. I have attempted to stroll the book section at Costco in hopes of being lured in by a snippet of Something. I miss the sight of a book on my nightstand, the anticipation of a juicy Story. I miss the way a book makes me feel, the way you can lose yourself inside pages of printed material and come out a different person.

This habit of reading is your pass to the greatest ,the purist and most perfect pleasure that God has prepared for his creatures. It lasts when all other pleasures fade. It will support you when all other recreations are gone, It will last until your death. It will make your hours pleasant to you as long as you live...Anthony Trollope.


Why does this bother me?
Do I think I am missing something?
Do I feel I am less of a person, or that I am losing ground?
What am I missing?

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore...Andre Gide.


These days, my reading consist of Golden Books and Dr Seuss. Of a little someone on my lap waiting to have the world introduced to them, again. Not caring if every word on every page is read - it is more about sharing the moment which is what any good writer is trying to convey when you read his book. If they can give you 60 seconds of forgetting the world around you, their job has been successful.

Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore? Henry Beecher.

Last weekend, I cruised thru my library looking for inspiration and picked up Jan Karon's, Patches of Godlight, Father Tim's Favorites Quotes. It reads like a personal collection of quotes complete with handwritten comments from Father Tim - a fictional character from Jan Karon's Midford series. I was looking for quotes to use as titles on my layout pages. From C.S. Lewis to Mark Twain, it is a wonderful collection of life parables that applied correctly, could make you one heck of a person. There may be hope for me yet...