lie to me...

As I examine my current love of photography with my history with pictures, I find it has been a slippery slope. My stance has always been that pictures lie - they capture the good in spite of the truth. My theories were based on childhood experiences and the pictures that showed a very different side. After childhood, I never remember having a camera until I became a mother.

That gave me a chance to see the world thru the lens with more love. I didn't know what I was going for but in hindsight, I wanted the pictures to show the happy and unhappy times. I am not sure I succeeded until I became a grandmother.

Now it is true and I am totally and completely in love with my camera. Some of my favorite shots of the kids are their scowls and their dontyoudaretakemypicture faces. The boys love taking pictures and yesterday in the midst of fevers and runny noses - we had ourselves a great picture-taking session. Gage took this one of Ms M and me. I have got 50 more to go thru and looks like I might have hit the jackpot on a few.

I just got my coffee table book of 2006 pictures and digital layouts from Blurb and I couldn't be happier. From now on, this is the only way to go. No more 4 x 6 albums laying around - technology has pushed me upward and I am more than happy to be pushed. There is truth in the pictures I take now and I hope it stays that way. Only when we face the good and bad of who we are, can we make a difference - to ourselves and others.

On my way to witness Ms M's first haircut, not all over just her bangs but the camera is ready, the Shirley Temple drinks are packed and I expect us to have a great time but if we don't, the pictures will tell her Story, for us now and for Mis M. later...