January 2007...


If the first week of 2007 is any indication, this year should be a doozie. I am feeling somewhat like the picture except I don't know if I am the black and white or the colored part. Feeling like I still don't have my 2007 bearings - I have been all over the board with the diversity of the week's events in my life. Some were super, some were unexpected and some were just business as usual. Maybe it is just me - or the onslaught of the January blues that I dread every year.

It should be a wonderful month. No holiday to buy gifts or decorate for. It is a month where you can pick up a book, grab a blanket and be totally justified, everyday. It is a month where creativity and inspiration have no competition and should be able to run rampant. With all this free time, it should be the month where prayer and meditation come as naturally as breathing. However it is seen in the light of depression. The letdown and reality of December flows over and January takes the brunt and gets to have the bad girl reputation. The first week is always about remembering what we purposefully have forgotten that last few weeks. The weeks of gluttony, overspending and out-of-control activities are over and we have to shift back to the Middle, ready or not. It is seen as a fresh start, a new beginning but with a fatalist twist. We dread the gloom of January and the lack of anything to look forward to.

I am suggesting to myself that I give January another try. Let's try and see if turning that lack of activity to a positive might not bring a little joy to a traditional time of doom and gloom. Starting today, I am going to enter the second week with a different perspective and see if there may not be some merit and good come from it. I like the feel of this, I am already looking forward to it!

I started the week feeling uninspired. Have not had a creative idea all week. Am on month 3 of my POTD and with January here, I have dreaded it. Taking photos is good when it is good - doing it purposefully everyday is something else. Maybe that will change. I don't expect to enter February feeling like I needed more of January...I will save that for next year...