aunt Theresa...







did you realize that it was 35 years and a few hours ago today that you and I were laying on our backs, looking up to the sky and whining about how we had eaten too much. We were at Grandma and Growlers for dinner. I don't remember the meal that she made but certainly do remember the cake. Oh that cake.

Chocolate cake with Mountain Blackberry frosting draped in a melted Hershey bar. You and I have searched for the recipe for years and with little success. I wished I had of thought to ask Aunt Jackie if she knew how that woman made that frosting. I remember thinking, Eat as much as you want - that baby is not due until the Fourth of July. There will be plenty of time to restrain myself, later.

Well, most of that was wrong. I went into labor early the following morning. To this day I still say, it was the meal that made that baby want to be born 3 weeks early. We had the You are having triplets scare but went home with our little bundle of joy. Everyone was very excited. We named her Brandi Theresa, after you instead of Sunshine Theresa. I remember it was close but her daddy liked Brandi and Grandma did not. Shouldn't name a child after liquor, she said. We did it anyway. She learned to get over it. I remember her and Growler coming to see her at Robert and Annie's and watching Growler paying real attention to her. I don't remember him ever caring about kids but old age may have brought him some soften along with the Jesus thing.

She has grow up to be a wonderful girl and now has her hands full. You would enjoy her quick Daniels wit and that sarcastic way about her. She is a chip off the old block and I couldn't be prouder. Yes, Stevie has had his hands full thru the years with both of us but truly, he is a lucky man. Chad and the kids love her to death. She is a lucky woman.

So even though you are in Connecticut and we are here, you get to keep up where we all are. The cool thing is you were here for the beginning and know how it all started. Our little girl is all grown up and living the life we both remember. She requested Mixed Berry Cheesecake for dinner and that is what she will have but I hope Someday we find that frosting recipe and I can let her taste it for herself.

Happy Birthday Brandi Theresa Dille Smith...I so love you to infinity and beyond, love your madre...