liminal space...


Psychologists call \"liminal space,\" a place where boundaries dissolve a little and we stand there, on the threshold, getting ourselves ready to move across the limits of what we were into what we are to be...

Ever feel like you have been riding a wave? It seems like you have little control and are quite aware of it. Not sure where you are going or which direction you are headed. That has been my week. A lot of it has had to do with the passing of Tim Russert.

About 20 minutes before MSNBC was about to televise his funeral, I was cruising the digi gallery that I frequent often through out the day. There was a simple layout, one that featured a doorway. It caught my eye so I clicked on it to read it's Story. It was about liminal space and the digi girl was a psychologist. What an interesting mix but then again, truly, we are each a psychologist of sorts in our own worlds. I am going to have to research liminal space a bit more but it was exactly what I needed to take with me to Tim's funeral.

It was a perfect funeral, I know, I think all funerals are fabulous. It is the one time, we as humans - stop for just a moment to just be. People of faith sometimes act like we are not. This funeral was not the case. It was a time of tears and laughter. It was 2 1/2 hours of people loving in the most honest possible manner. I am so grateful that I could be a part of it. I can put my finger on it but what I am feeling is something like this liminal space thing.

If you can make time to watch the memorial service in its entirety, it will be well worth your time. Each speaker brings a dichotomy of emotions in their remembrances of their dear friend. It made me want to be a better person. It made me want to live my faith, out loud and most of all, it made me want to live out loud, every day.

It has been quite a week. I am spent after shedding tears for most of yesterday's service. I feel like I have been to church, in a good way. It's not just about one person's life but about each of us. What we are, not even deep down but how we treat each other, day after day. How our faith really plays out in our lives, what we really believe and how it manifests itself. God's puts the wave together and Sometimes all we have to do is hold on and ride it out. Today is a new day and I am ready to get back up on that life boadr and start hanging 10. What a ride!