post secret...






is a odd, little web site... PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard. There is an sense that we are a people of very different thinking and feeling. Some are funny, touching and some, just hit too close to home.

The Obama PS rings true on some many levels and I can certainly relate as to parental expectations. It will always amaze me what people will chose to throw themselves on their swords for. This will become less as the older generation dies off. It is a reality that we know is coming - homemade is going to have a whole different meaning in the next 10 years.

I saw the camera PS posted on a photography board. Boy, were those ladies up in arms that they had taken the time to learn how to use their cameras and this person was making a living by not paying the acceptable dues. It just made me laugh - not quite like a 4 year old doing brain surgery but you would not have known that by their outrage.

The last one, makes me smile. This person has captured the essence of Jesus yet I dare say - it would the one least appreciated. Like it or not, I perceive that Jesus would be open to way more people that I am. We each have a predisposition to the kind of people that He would be open too and I dare say, we would all be wrong. This person has more faith than I do. I say that because I don't believe that in that situation, I would be able to believe that about myself. That I would be able to accept the Love of Jesus which is what I believe Mr PS is really saying. It really gives me hope for myself.

I heard an interesting observation today. A political person was talking about Hillary Clinton's former Chief of Staff now going to be the COS for Obama's soon-to-be VP. It was said that obviously, Hillary would be out of the running now because of the breakdown of the friendship between these two ladies and this reporter went on to say, Not so fast - relationships with long histories can be healing in an instant. I like that kind of hope. Hope... isn't that what gets us through each day? Jesus sees all our Post Secrets, knows all our pitfalls and loves us anyway. That is hope enough for me...