Looking back...



This week, the firemen set up their Fill The Boot event right by DD house. Gage has a love-love relationship with all things firemen-related. He proudly showed me the sticker the fireman had given him after his donation and later expressed that he wished he had $1000 to give. Quite generous of him. In clearer thinking times, if given $1000 dollars, he would be headed as quickly as possible to ToysRUs.

The boys and I have been talking about inventions lately. What would they like to invent? How do you invent Something? They are interested in the same type of things I was interested in at their age - except at this very minute, most of theirs are Indiana Jones-related. Sometimes they get inventing something mixed up with wanting something. I know what they mean.

The thoughts that go thru your mind at 5 and 8 are childlike and over the top. They talk about stuff that could never happen. It is also too bad we couldn't stay there longer. Wheh you get Big, you have lost this wonderful ability and getting it back - takes work. Lots of work.

So. if I was going to invent anything now, it would be the ability to Look Back now. How cool would that be? Imagine how our lives would change and I could take all that money from my invention and split it between firemen and ToysRUs...