hold on...



Last week was one of those that you never want to have again. Ever.

Had higher hopes for the the weekend but Saturday and Sunday both brought their own drama and will make it spill into Monday and beyond.

As Saturday morning's drama started to unfold, I kept passing Gage's 25 cent bible on the kitchen table. We took 24 bags of all kinds of stuff to Love INC's thrift store Friday afternoon and while we were there, we shopped a bit. Everybody headed to the book section and the boys made all their purchases there while Miss M branched out a bit into the toy section. Gage informed Poppa and me that he was now collecting old books and he wanted this bible. Price is right, you can't beat a quarter and we all went our merry way. The boys were in the car with us and Miss M and her mommy went their own way. As brothers do, there was some fighting going on in the back seat and the bible now needs a bit of repair. Boys fighting over a bible is not such a bad thing in my book so I offered to take it home and do a little repair. There is sits for now.

So in the middle of Saturday's drama, I pass this bible. I pass it several more times, each time looking at it along with the salt and pepper and riping bananas. I tell DH, This bible is staying here for the weekend, don't move it. I didn't know I would need to see it on Sunday but as it turns out, it was exactly what I needed. It is still there. Not sure how long it will stay there. Every time I pass it, I am reminded of what is really important and what is making me believe is very important, right now. What will pass and what will last. What I really need in the long term and what feels like long term but isn't.

A big mess to clean up this morning as I grab my keys and head out the door. That bible is still there reminding me..it isn't going anywhere. That is what I am holding on too. The rest will pass...