Sept 14th , 9PM...



It is no secret that the Cheers and Jeers section of the newspaper is the highlight of the week. There, assembled in a little over 1/2 a page, is the best and bright of we humans. The Jeers section makes me go into automatic craziness. These are the people who would be unhappy if you hung them with a new rope. They are the kind to whom, it is never enough and they are always, always the victim. It would never cross their minds and if it did, they wouldn't acknowledge that the steps in their brains, don't go up to the top floor.

I miss Jay, I miss the Monday night headlines. I really, really miss Jay.

But since I know he is coming back this fall, I will have to find my own headlines and that is proving, not so difficult to do.

In the Cheers section, you pretty much know what you are going to get. Public thanks is an interesting thing. I see it in the digi world as well as the Real World. The special thanks to the newspaper boy for not throwing the paper in the water or many thanks to the senior citizen bus driver who carried the groceries to the door. I guess I like my thank you's private with little fan fare. If you have done something for me, I want to thank you to your face. When you do it publically, it is like forgiveness - if it didn't happen to you, it isn't about you. The ownership is only yours, if it is about you. For that reason the Cheers section is not a place I hang out for very long...but today, it was all worth it. Technically it was a Jeers/Cheers but it still counts.

Jeers and Cheers - Jeers to the sub-human puppy dumper who left five beautiful little cow dogs in my yard in the middle of the night! My son awakened at 530a.m. to the sound of whining. They were beautiful, healthy little dogs but we have a bloodhound and a pit bull and had no place to keep them. Huge cheers to the Nampa police officers! The animal control officer comes to work at 8a.m. Dispatch asked if I could keep them until then. I explained that I was standing in the rain with them and had not had my coffee. Two officers came right away and hauled them to the pound...

Can we really see outside ourselves so much clearer than our own selves? Imagine if we worried more about what we are doing than what others are doing? It never hurts to be reminded that we are human and that comes with a whole lotta whatwasithinking?