missed it by that much...



Keaton called late Saturday afternoon and said they were on their way home. They thought it would around 10PM but it turned out, it was much later. I didn't expect to hear from them until Sunday so it was a wonderful surprise that we got to see them yesterday. We headed over in the afternoon and everyone still had vacation hang over. Hard to get going again and the laundry that was just waiting to be done, wasn't going to do itself.

We head out for a informal Father's Day dinner to the new burger joint in town. New to us, I heard FG has great burgers. After everyone had their fill, some went to refill drinks, some went to the bathroom and one went searching for answers. DH, the FF (french fry) guy - will search out any fry process that is unfamiliar to him. He found his mark and zeroed in. I was still looking for my first stranger but where Keaton has asked that I not do it when he was around, I wanted to honor his wish but I gotta say when Channel 7 showed up, I had a most difficult time. I really, really, really wanted the camera guy who came with the reporter to be my first stranger but it was not to be. Poppa got the information he was looking for and I got to spend time with my kids.

I woke up early this morning, the sun was up but it was still early. In this Season of life, I had the wonderful priveldge of being able to take a few moments and make myself reflect on another day that I opened my eyes and got another chance to be. Not knowing what the day will bring, I am thankful for it, realizing that nothing is promised, nor implied. It is day to day and if I am honest, moment to moment. Maxwell Smart used to tell Agent 99, I missed it by that much. Not me,I am the luckiest girl in the world...