take my picture...



We all hate to have our picture taken and if we don't, there is something wrong. DD rented a room from a girl who had huge pictures of herself in the front room and her bathroom. I mean large, poster size - 4 x 5 feet pictures of herself. It was spooky and from what I gathered, she felt she looked darn good.

There are days that we feel pretty good about what we see in the mirror. A particularity good hair day or something that makes us look thinner. I purposefully wanted to be in this picture and didn't even have to think about it. Miss M is at the age where she wants her picture taken most days. She loves what she sees and is not shy about documenting every outfit. I want to get as many pictures as I can before that changes...and it will. We start to get shy and especially us girls, think we are too whatever - way before it is apparent to anyone else.

When I look at this, I see 2 happy people. One because she is footloose and fancy free, not caring as long as her nana is watching her and a happy nana. When she looks at this picture Down The Road, she won't need to see my face. She already knows what I look like but she will remember how we were together and I hope, that makes me smile then as much as it does me now...