cheer leading...



We are embarking on our first adventure in the cheer leading world - the one where there are uniforms and pom poms. As I watched Miss M go from cheer to cheer, it reminds me of the cheerleaders we all have already have, in our lives. Some come disguised as parents, and grandparents. Teachers, neighbors and at times, strangers. Yes, they are harder to spot because they dress normal and their cheers don't rhyme. Nevertheless, you can certainly see the similarities in cheerleaders Universal.

A good cheerleader is meant to encourage. A steady stream of unconditional love, with a nice delivery. No condemnation and no accountiablity - that is not the job of a cheerleader. It is more of a way of showing support for a job well done. When there is cheerleading for something not good, it turns into enabling. We each need a balance of cheerleading and truth telling. That is where God comes in. He is the total package. The real deal.

I love it when he pushes me to be more than I ever thought I could be but I also know, he will always, always tell me the Truth. We humans get mixed up a lot of the time. We cheer lead when we should be telling the truth and when we need a cheerleader the most, we fail. Working on doing a better job of telling the difference between the two and loving those around me. This is the cheer I was raised with, explains quite a bit, don't you think?

Rah Rah Ree, kick em in the knee.
Rah Rah Ras, kick em in the other knee


My wish is to come up with a new cheer, am working on it - will get back to you...