ode to Vivian Maier...



2011...we are only 17 days in and it already feels like a different world. Along with all the normal January things - cold, cold, rain and more cold - some creative impressions have been stalking me. With the discovery of Vivian Maier, the photographer whose works has recently been discovered, I have been thrown with permission, into her world. Circling the drain to find exactly where I fit in, I found my new home. In one area of my life, I found what I was looking for.

I don't take that lightly. Whether we perceive it or not, we all think, if we could just find/identify/accept it. I am looking forward to the days, weeks and months to come when more of Miss Vivian's work is literally, developed. There are bins and bins of undeveloped film and two guys who are working diligently to tell her Story.

We are all keepers of our individual Stories but to make a small contribution by helping to preserve the culture of our day, belongs to any one with a camera. You don't need fancy equipment or large amounts of time. Miss Vivian was a nanny and took the city on her day off. Hundred's of rolls of film later, we can get a better idea of times before ours. While the written word is not to be denied, a photo does say 1000 words. Thank you Miss Vivian...