focused...



It started with the music. To say that if felt sluggish to me, would seem like a complement. I felt like I was on a sinking ship and there was nowhere to go. It took a few minutes but I finally looked around and started thinking about those who were getting it, and prayed for them - as Freddy Mercury was screaming through my brain.

Forty nine minutes later, with We Are The Champions still pounding in my head, it was crystal clear. Things started to click and the pastor's words started to make sense. He was talking about faith and I had not been tracking with him. All of a sudden, he likened faith to marriage. Some days are good and some days aren't. Both are constants that are fluid - focused. For me, today I was in a Freddy Mercury state of mind while the church was in a slower, different place. I started to relax and let the words, take me where I needed to go...

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'cause we are the champions


My day suddenly, got better. Nothing changed... but me. I stopped knocking my head against the wall and it felt better. Imagine that. I left the church building, a different person, no longer wishing for a way out. I learned a valuable lesson, one I am sure will need to be relearned, again and again. I just wasn't paying attention and that, my friends, is worth fighting for...