dream on...



For good mental health, there has to be a balance and deep appreciation of knowing one's strengths and weaknesses. Not sure the line is so fine between I am the Best and I am the worst. After 2 hours of watching American Idol, it becomes painfully apparent that some of us need some work.

I favor the realistic and beyond side and I need to dream more. Many years of living with people who only dreamed, soured me and I am just getting around to reversing the trend. When you are a kid, it is hard not to throw out the baby with the bathwater and wash your hands of anything dream-like. Will probably never be able to teach classes on dreaming but I am moving to the middle and that may be the most important thing.

Knowing that anything is possible, one can take that in any direction of their choosing. Personal, business or humanity. I couldn't, wouldn't have been able to envision the technology that we now enjoy. Keaton, Gage and Morgan, what can I say?, I never saw them coming. Our culture, the way we communicate, FB and Twitter. Never gave photography an second glance until digital cameras. None of these things would have been possible without a dreamer.

To those of who to whom dreaming is second nature, thank you. The rest of us are coming along nicely. Don't get too big headed though, while you were dreaming, we were paying the bills and cooking dinner. To each of us, dream on...