headphones...


Headphones saved me as a child.

It would be high school before I would discover them but I digress. The summer of my beginning descent into junior high, would bring chicken pox. It also brought music via a transistor radio. My life would never be the same. That summer, with nothing to do but scratch, introduced me to a lifelong love of the All Things, Rock and Roll. Later, when the headphones were brought into the mix, I had found my utopia. Johnny Mathis, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, the hours spent by myself with the music took me out of the unthinkable and into the wonderland.

Have been a fan every since. Years ago, I spent $100 on a set of Bose headphones. They are still my go to headphones today. Must admit, I have a small collection. I carry Apple buds, for the kids (they hurt my ears!) and a black pair of SkullCandy's for me. There are some sort of earpieces in most every room, you never know when you might need them. For Ted Talks on the iPad, they are fabulous. Garrison Keillor on Saturday afternoons, you will never miss a joke. Solitary Moments that allow me to come out and share.

DH and I have listened to a few high end sets of phones and might splurge Someday. Not sure if headphones are a introvert sort of thing, I hope not. There is just Something about the focus or a song, a talk - Something personal and refreshing. Something that soothes the soul and allows one to catch up with life and put it in perspective. Used them last night for a Ted Talk and the creative juices were flowing afterwards. Sometimes, it is the smallest of things that give us the biggest return...