the internet...


We have two Papa Steve's in our family. One, I promised would not be on the internet with a potato between his knees. To the other one, I made no such promise.

The internet is a wonderful and scary place. It seems like one has to take a lot in, then decide what to keep and what not to keep. In theory, we would get better and better at this but there is also an element that keeps giving us, less and less of the of what we need.

Still it is out there, here are a few of the Places that I have been hanging out at lately.

Snapstagram - great little site that will take photos off Instagram and sends you a roll of 12 prints for $6. I know, I know, I don't have a smart phone either but you can still upload your nice, from your computer photos and have them printed in a square format. Have done 2 rolls and I am hooked.

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - Thursday nights are CCGC night around here. We gather around the iPad and watch Jerry Seinfeld and guest talk about...nothing while riding around in a cool car and having coffee at the local coffee shop. I would love to do this in Real Life and I look forward to every Thursday night.

Storyline - Have been waiting for Don Miller's new book to come out, tomorrow is the day. I firmly believe that each of us has a Story to tell and that we each should tell ours. Don't compare your Story to someone else's. It's not interesting enough, it is too plain - your family needs to hear your Story, no matter what because they will see themselves because they are a part of you. Going to see about maybe putting a little study group together and encouraging each other to see the validity in telling our, own Stories.

As with everything, there is a good and bad side. The internet has changed our lives, the iPad is now, a part of our lives. Knowing how to balance it is the hard work and one, we will must do. It is a new Day, a new way to do things, a new way to think. Throw in a bit of laughter, not a bad way to live...