community...








When we first got there the band was in full swing, so we grabbed our little share of concrete and joined the fun. Kids, young and old took to the stage and it was contagious. It started to occur to me that we should join in the celebration. There are some photos of Miss Mel and me dancing to Glory Train in someone's camera. It was a time of freedom and being part of this one-in-a-lifetime community. I can't tell you how much fun it was and I laughed like I haven't in a long time.

This has been a great week for me. I have lived vicariously thru this whole event. It is the kind of community that I crave. It has been Grace in action to me. People are nicer, like they are at Christmas. You can't help but be. All the bad stuff that we are bombared with daily in the news takes its toll. I needed this breath of fresh air to remind me that it is not all bad.

The dancing - for a brief moment, I was a kid again. Whatever it looked like, however bad - I danced with complete joy. The cares of the world were nowhere near me. I was untouchable.

Funny, the places you find refreshment. I would have thought with the weather we have been having that water would be my best friend but what I didn't know until last night was that I needed to do a little dance...