life artist...

Got my mail and the new CK scrapbook magazine was in the box. I flipped thru the pages over lunch and stopped when I got to Ali Edwards's, Life Art section. Unlike those quizzes in mags that always try to help you identify a personality trait or figure out what your love color is, this one caught my eye...

A life artist is someone who does one of the following:

scrapbooks
takes photos
creates altered books
writes a blog.

Four for four - I kept reading. She went on to explain that Life Art is about attitude - ideas that make life easier, richer and better. Life Artists go with the flow, celebrate something every day, cherish the little stuff and tell their Stories. They also understand they must enjoy the Process, not make things more complicated than they need to be and find their voice.

Now I can add Life Artist to my growing resume which already includes Domestic Goddess and Nana Extraordinarie. I am not boasting by the use of the word Extraordinarie which the dictionary defines as, a special purpose. As far as the DG, no exaggeration is needed - I am ALL that and a bag of chips.

Titles mean very little to me but if I can learn more about myself, I will accept it. Life Artist - it just doesn't sound anal enough. Maybe that is the point. I am in love with the art of Story Telling. Whether by word, or photo or scrapbook page - the ability to tell a Story in an instant, with a moment and evoke a tear or a smile - is the greatest joy I can imagine. I think that is why I am drawn to Jesus and His parables. I read them over and over and devour them. While they are tough to accept, they give us such a Real picture of our lives and what to expect. I guess that would make Jesus the ultimate Life Artist and if it is good enough for Him, it is good enough for me...