bathrooms and Krispy Kreme...


One of my favorite wedding pictures is one with the bride and her barefoot bridesmaids in a bathroom. Someone said, I never would have thought to take wedding photos in a bathroom. Only a bridesmaid who apparently sees outside the box could see the possiblilites in taking that shot and I was more than game.

After I did this layout today, I remembered the bathroom comment and thought about all the places I have yanked out my camera to get the shot. Krispy Kreme is such a happy,natural place -like Disney World for your taste buds. The look on Keaton's more than content face is about as good as it gets.

Someone will always want the face forward, nice smile picture. Always but the photoworld is changing. The photography business has changed. The kind of pictures we take has changed. Every 3rd mom is packing some pretty serious camera heat these days and she is not afraid to use it. Trash the dress is growing by leaps and bounds. People are taking all kinds of shots in all kinds of places. The possibilities are endless.

That same thinking, that possibilities are endless, can't help but spill over into Real Life. In the last six months with these rampant thoughts of what could be, I am seeing things I could never have seen before. Isn't that what life is about? Growing and changing, hopefully for the good. Learning new things and realizing there is a whole lot you don't know.

I am excited. I know it sounds silly. I can't wait to see what is next. Maybe it is hope being resurrected in me. I guess I haven't been very hopeful lately. Too much of my DNA clashing with CNN.

I need to take more pictures in bathrooms. I need to see the endless possiblities and I need to remember that it isn't what I don't know that will get me in trouble but rather, what I think I do know...