safe and secure ...


So I am swimming in pictures and Brandi calls, she and the kids are on their way over. I need to step away from the computer for a while and to spend the afternoon with my babies, makes it that much more sweeter. We have lunch and head out for our new shopping mall and decide to park the car at Target and walk - stopping wherever we want.
The kids have a lot of energy today and as we are leaving Target, I decide I better hit the restroom. No one else need to go so they go outside andwait for me. When I come out, I see them sitting in the red Target circle and tell them, I have to get their picture.
"See Mom, I told you", Keaton says. He knows me. He knows because he has been around me and I have done the same thing a hundred times. Just like when I grab Gage and give him a huge hug and ask him, You know what? and he answers, I know - you love me.
Because I have gotten my camera out of my purse hundreds of times to take a picture of the all three kids for my 3Smiths album, they know. Because I have told them, You know what? I Love you, hundreds of times - they know it. It is not something that they dwell on - it is a natural part of their life. They know it each and every day.
I sometimes wonder if I take God for granted. I don't think I do. I think His Love has become a natural part of my everyday and I am safe and secure in that Love. God has shown me Himself, hundreds and hundreds of times. When Something Bad happens, I don't think, God is mad at me - what did I do wrong? I think, Jesus, hold me. We are creatures of habit with short memories, however, we are capable of living in that vast Love of His and knowing that we are safe and secure...