outstanding...


This is the field that we stood in to take pictures of the EM house. I already knew these - Outstanding is his field shots would need to be a part of the day and Keaton obliged me. Vast amounts of land that make your heart just yearn for more. There is Something about being in places where there is ... less. It really makes outstanding simple, as it should be.

I have had many outstanding moments this week and most of them I never would noticed a few years ago. It has taking time and effort to find the outstanding that surrounds me. And although it was great fun following EM around, if I had to chose between all the photos I took of the event or of this sweet boy being outstanding, there is no contest. I always thought the outstanding had to be Big. Fireworks and TV time. It has been a process for me to find that it is just the opposite.

Outstanding - the dictionary definds it as standing out. It takes time and value to see that outstanding, at its best, is vibrant and simple. A beautiful flower, a child's face and kind word from a friend. It really doesn't take much. It really doesn't - to be outstanding. Look around, I bet it has been around you all week. Look, even the otters get it...