walk a mile in my shoes...



I am in the middle of editing over 800 wedding photos. Needed a break and this picture just makes me happy. One should not have 800 pictures but we wanted to get it all and I think we did...and then some.
My shoe wardrobe includes Birkenstock, flip flops and crocs. When I knew I had this wedding, Brandi said I needed some wedding shoes and lent me a pair of hers. Cute little strappy things with a small heel. Very small heel. When I got dressed for the wedding, I got my dress on and grabbed my cute little sandal - thingey and off I went.
Now, I haven't worn anything with any kind of heel in a very long time. Throughout the wedding, my feet would remind me of that. Apparently it was a warning - a warning that I didn't heed until it was too late. As the bride and groom drove off to start their new life, I told my feet we were close to being done. It wasn't soon enough.
Got home and as I sat down, I couldn't feel my feet. Soon there was pain from the bottom of my feet to my waist. Sharp pains were shooting up my legs and I was a unhappy camper. As I sat there wishing the pain to go away - I thought about the walking in each others shoes deal and realized that will I could describe the pain to someone, they would really be able to understand if they had never wore shoes that they shouldn't have. I thought about all the times that I thought someone should do or that. As the pain continued, I decided to retire from figuring out how everyone else should be walking and just take care of myself. Good plan - can't wait to start it.
My legs are back to normal - now it is my sore hindend from sitting in a computer chair too long. Gilda Radner was right, It's always something. Better get back to my pictures - they won't sort and filter themselves...