10 years ago...


Watched a Concert for Diana last night. On the tenth anniversary of her death and what would have been her 46th birthday, princes William and Harry wanted to give their mother the best present ever. They put together some of her favorites - Duran, Duran and Elton John along with others to raise monies for her favorite charities and theirs.

I remember that August night when the news reported she had first been hurt in a car crash and later pronounced dead. It didn't seem real. This was pre-911 when when we were a more innocent people and thought we lived in a safer world.

The month before my girl had got married in what still today is the most fun wedding I have ever been to. The most beautiful site with the greatest food and music - we partied the night away. They will celebrate their milestone anniversary next month - doesn't seem like it has been that long ago. Hard to believe Keaton, Gage and Morgan weren't here yet - they would have LOVED the party.

Ten years ago in December was when I was downsized from my job of 25 years. While I didn't miss the work, I was not sure how we could make it financially. It is funny now - but not then. I look back over the last ten years and marvel how life has changed, personally and in the Big Picture. What I thought was going to happen, didn't and what I never could have imagined, did.

I wonder what Princess Diana would think if she were alive today. I know she would have been proud of her sons and the men they have become under the most difficult of circumstances. I wonder what the next 10 years will bring expecially those never could imagined moments. Time will tell.

The summer of 2007 seems to be racing by for me. It is already July and a 1/3 of summer is gone. It gives so much more value to living in the Moment and to be grateful for those moments. Whether 10 years or 3 months, a lifetime of memories can be lived and loved, it is just a matter of perception...