stretchiiiiiiiiiiiiing....


Our tree died literally over night. All the way to the top in an instant. Some kind of bug they tell me. It took exactly 22 minutes and $150 dollars to go from the first picture to the last. As I watched the evergreen drama unfold, it occured to me that the tree process is one we could learn from.

When we need to prune, to cut away the dead leaves - those things in our lives that have broken us, hurt us and need to go - it is a process. We don't cut a tree down and leave the stump. Like the tree, maybe we need to flex one direction, then the other and then back again. There is Something about being flexible that helps us in the letting go process. After the tree is down, the stump - with a little help from a proverbial ax, the entire tree, root system and all - is gone.

I was cruising ITunes this afternoon and the first comment on Chris Rice's, Come To Jesus, was from Miss A.

Usually, I'm not into christian music. Ok, I'm never into religious music. Seriously, I'm a lesbian and who doesn't attend church. I know some might find that offensive but just listen to this next part. Although I don't live my life according to the way some feel I should, I do believe in God. I more so believe in God after listening to this album....I don't know if I would be here right now if it wasn't for this album.... Bending, stretching and being flexible. All a part of the process.

The front yard looks a little empty. It will for a while. The nursery said not to plant anything until early September - it is too hot now. Whatever the replacement is, it will never be the same again. Another part of the Big Picture and that constant change thing. Wish it was that obvious in my life - a brown tree in the middle of a green yard. Maybe it is and I am choosing not to look. I hope my flexability starts at the front door and that when it is my time to prune - I will remember this lesson.