hot town - summer in the city...



Our Fourth of July was FABulous. It was also hotter then we could have imagined. Today the temperature is suppose to hit 107 and on Saturday at Keaton's big birthday bash, we will be outside at the state park in similiar weather conditions. I see alot of water in our very near future - just hope we can keep the cake from melting!

There is a very real rhythm to summer. It is a more lazy, mellow time when we are more likely than not - to go more with the flow. I think heat makes us give up sooner. It is just not worth the energy to analyze everything - we have to spend lots of time trying to keep cool. The cooking is easier, some nights everybody is too hot to eat and ice cream seems a perfect dinner. Dirt on children doesn't seem a big problem, we'll wash it all off at the end of the day - go for it!

The forecast for next week looks like more of the same. I am pretty sure I can't tell 104 from 99. There is a weather threshold where my body can't get any hotter.
I should try to remind myself of those winter days where my bone chill seems 50 below. Too bad we can't bottle that and pull it out as needed.

I am going to try and enjoy the more mellow me while she is around. I am certainly going to enjoy the ice cream dinners and I am going to celebrate Keaton's 8th birthday and party like it was 1999...