ding, ding, ding.


Karate, lunch, chill time, some school shopping and to end the day, a half hour of swim lessons. That is a lot to cram into one day. I felt like we were at VBS and had to rush to each station, finish the current activity before the bell rings and we need to be off to the next thing.

I find myself on autopilot more ofter than I care to admit. Not because of a lack of interest in what I am doing but I think Sometimes, it is God's way of shaking me up. Here I am on month 9 of my 2007 Picture Of The Day and I still don't remember on many days, until the end of the day, that I need a picture. I admit that by this time I expected it to be more or less routine. Ding, ding, ding - not happening.

I need alot of ding, ding, ding everyday and you know what, I am fine with that. I have passed the age where I have to know, do or expect everything. Most of us are already planning what we are going to do next week. Next Thursday, I have an appointment to have my dead tree cut down and I am already thinking about Christmas. Maybe it is like defraging your computer - the ding, ding, ding gets us back where we need to be.

I have my POTD for today, at the end of the day. As I sat at swim lessons last night, I saw Gage come to life when his swim teacher spent a little one-on-one time on the noodle with him. He is the same way with his preschool teacher. Ding, ding, ding - BIG TIME.

This may not do much for you - it might be just for me but I will fall asleep to the sound of ding, ding, ding in my ear as God wraps His arms around me. What a way to end the day...