collage of life...


A digi friend of mine had put together a collage of her pictures and I was absolutely in love. I knew I wanted to do the same. I got inspired last night and painstakingly started piecing together my version of of her vision.

Actually, each of our collages would look quite similiar. While faces, places and events would differ, it is oddly strange how much they would have in common. Maybe color or form, there would look more alike than different.

Mine has lots of red in it. I like to take pictures with lots of red. We are a red kind of family but everyday can't be a red day. There are blue days, yellow days and days with little or no color. They are all a part of the collage, they play a part and tell a Story.

As I was bringing in photo after photo, I thought about a daily collage. Somedays there might be one or two pictures, other days, a film strip of a 24 hour blur. Today's collage would include a photos of my girls and a wedding rehearsal. Always leaving room for the unexpected, tonight when I go to bed, I would pack all the pictures in a nice little frame and say goodnight to the day.

I got tremendous creative satisfaction from the finished collage. All the pieces fit together perfectly and the colors are stunning. Maybe I love it so much because it is complete. It may only reflect 2006 but it is a complete 2006. All i's are dotted and all t's are crossed and there is nothing we like better than a finished project. Real Life isn't like that. Real Life is never complete. We have our moments but we are always aware that we are not complete.

For today, I will print off a copy of this to put on my desk as an icon to life. Now I have to decide which one. You see, I applied 11 filters to the original collage. Each one changes the look and reminds me that it is all in the eye of the beholder. We see what we want to see and as of right now, I want to see it all...