note to self...



It has been almost 7 months since I have been able to eat foods that I haven't in almost as many years. I can't explain it and while it still frightens me - it is a whole new, familiar world. ABout 3 weeks ago, we took the boys to a movie and for some crazy reason, I reached over and grabbed a handful of popcorn. I don't remember thinking, this is it. I don't remember thinking anything and when I was able to swallow it, I immediately went for another. Fear seemed to have flown out the window.

Six years of not eating and now I am eating popcorn. Everytime I put a piece in my mouth, the concept of a miracle comes to mind. It doesn\'t matter if it last a day or for the rest of my life. I will never forget these days.Life is scary and the window of our taking chances follows the seasons. Sometimes we are wide open and sometimes closed, to protect ourselves from the elements. For me even though it is cold outside, it appears that my window is wide open.

I don't want to be stupid about this. There is still fear involved in eating, just not when popcorn is involved. There is Something Big here I need to learn - I don't want to miss it. Maybe it is the Process of a Miracle or the Anatomy of a Miracle but whatever it is, I want to learn. Whether I ever eat another kernel of popcorn again, it will always remind me of the power of God and His love. From now on, popcorn will be a icon for all that is miraclious. Funny, it never ceases to amaze me, how the Teacher teaches and how the student learns...