Oh, oh child, things are gonna be brighter...


I think alot about the world that my GK are facing. Just the differences between my daughter's generation and theirs is worlds apart. Computers have made this a world that is light years from what it was just a few years ago. The world they are facing is one I can't even wrap my head around.
Our world today has constant change. Everyday, there is some new. What was viable at breakfast is obsolete by dinner. We BabyBoomers are trying to learn by virtue of playing catch up, today's generation comes to it naturally. Gage and I spent yesterday afternoon playing video games. He knows exactly what to do and manuevers like an old pro. I struggle a bit but have no problem having him show me the ropes. I have been known to become obsessed with video games. 20 years ago, it was Ladybug. My friend introduced me to it and there was not a stick of clean underwear or dinners on the table for 6 months time. Yesterday, I discovered Super Monkey Ball. I may have to move in with my kids if it isn't available for XBox.
Whatever their world turns out to be, I want to be a part of it for as long as I can. From my computer to my digital camera to Super Monkey Ball - these days are where I feel the most comfortable. The good old days for me, are now. This instanteous gratification generation is right up my alley. It fits my thin-slicing personality. I would imagine that would put me in the minority with my generation but we have never had much in common anyway.
The one constant to every generation is Jesus. Nothing comes our way that is new to Him. We are just re-inventing what He already knows. Whatever happens today, tomorrow, a year from now, 20 years in the future and beyond - still has the same foundation. He is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. That is what binds us together. Our methods will be different but our hearts are heading in the same direction.
Keaton, Gage and Morgan - this is your time. This is where God has placed you. Love Him and do the best you can with the life you have been given. Let your little lights shine. Don't worry about the details - the value is in the Big Picture. I can hardly wait to see what comes next...